17 March 2011

Nelson Skate and BMX Jam Logos, Posters, Flyers and More!

I created these logo's, promotional posters and flyers a little while back. It's taken me this long to get them on the blog because to be honest I forgot all about them!
I did however really enjoy creating this artwork. The world of skating and bmxing is full of great images, illustrations and designs! This artwork was created to promote Nelson Skate and BMX Jam which is a day of fun and competition held in Nelson Skate Park in South Wales every year. A logo was required that represented the skate and bmx scene and would be useable year after year that would be changeable whilst keeping it's overall identity.
This is the logo I created for the 2009 competition and also the 2010 event. The different colour schemes and date show how it is adaptable and unique every year.




 

I created a few different designs for the logo before the final version was chosen. The images below show the initial design options and the various colour schemes




As I mentioned earlier I also created a poster and a flyer for the event. Because the event is held in my hometown of Nelson which is in the beautiful South Wales valley the posters and flyers needed to be created in both English and Welsh. Here are the final results for the posters and flyers


And if that's not enough cool and funky stuff already the client which was Caerphilly Borough Council also had some other promotional items created. Here are some pics of the shoulder bags and dog tags that incorporated the logo


Phew, long blog post eh! If you need any more info please get in touch by email at nathan@antcreations.co.uk or call me on 01858 462779.

1 comment:

stephen john morse said...

Your kicking the flava here dude and no mistake, one might also describe them as 'sick', 'bad' or 'ill' if one was so inclined. Which I very much am by the way.

My blog has only gone and moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur (because the internet is a crazy beast!), then please visit
http://www.antcreations.co.uk
and update your bookmarks.

Cheers from Nathan